Friday, July 4, 2008

WE MADE IT!!!

For all you worried mama's, wives, or other family members, I just wanted to let you know we made it! We are finally in Galati. The flights over weren't bad at all. Although, I think for the most part, we're all kinda tired and ready for a good nights sleep! And I think I can speak for the rest of the team when I say we are pumped about getting out and about tomorrow (or actually, today)


Here's the team, hanging out in the airport...oh how we love airports!!!

On my last plane ride, these were the exciting chicks I got to sit by. There's nothing like needing to use the bathroom and being stuck against the window with these two babes trapping you in! But in all actuality, they were really nice and had a really cool accent. And if you look close enough, the woman on the aisle still has the gum I gave her in her mouth. (I do believe the median age on this flight was probably around 75 years old...can anyone say party plane?!?!?!)

When we landed in Bucharest, the first order of buisness was to celebrate the 4th of July in true American style. We joined other missionaries for a good ole fashion cookout, including burgers, "miche," beans, cole slaw, potato salad, and some yummy brownies with ice cream! Mission trips are so difficult!

Bro. Jay, I figured I could fill out a PO later, so I just decided to go ahead and charge this necessity to the youth budget! All for the glory of Jesus!!! It was a must have!

4 comments:

Polly said...

SO glad you made it!

Andrew said...

Nice "babes" Casey. Should Sheri be jealous? lol

Lanny said...

Dude, I am telling ya, we flew the O.A.T.S. version of the friendly skies! Casey might call them chicks but I viewed them as old hens and roosters. I was craving a shot of prune juice and bran flakes after deplaning at Bucharest. (lol) I really felt like a child on this particular flight.

James W said...

man I might have to move back to Cameron to get a ride in the new youth car! Glad you guys made it there safe.