Monday, August 11, 2008

In The Beginning...

For those of you who have not heard the news, Wifey and I are expecting our first biological disciple! Apparently, my wife has enough wisdom and gentleness to cover enough of my ignorance, in order for the Lord to deem us 'blessable' with a child. We're pretty excited! (That might be an understatement!!!)
I find my head spinning as I try to think through everything that needs to be thought about before D-Day (Delivery-Day), i.e. getting the 'nursery' ready, putting the baby on our ins., making sure he/she has clothing so he/she doesn't run around naked for the first 6 years of his/her life, making sure I know how to work a car seat, making sure my wife knows how to change a diaper (ha...just couldn't pass it up! Love ya, Wifey!). Actually, I'm hoping to practice blindfolded so when I have to do it at 2:30am I'm more prepared. Even how to hold a squirming baby is still an 'X' factor for me. I'm sure like every parent, I just want to make sure I don't do something incredibly wrong (though I'm sure I'll have many blunders at first and will learn from my mistakes). Even with the infinite amount of other things I'm trying to think through that I don't have the time or space to write about, we're still extremely excited.


Right now, according to babycenter.com, our child is the size of a 3" shrimp. And as of this week he/she has fingerprints. HOW COOL!!! Thank all of you so much for praying for my wife and I (expecially you "Bunco Babes")! Being away from family is tough, but when God provides another 300 member family to fill in, it makes things much easier!


By the way, our Due Date is February 14th, which just so happens to be my b-day. Thank You for the gift, Father!

11 comments:

Lanny said...

Casey, you sound like some one I know pretty well when it came to taking care of their first child...any guesses (lol). After reading your post and seeing the first Kodic moment of your future arrival, it brings to mind a scripture passage found in Psalm 139:13-16. May God bless both of you with an abundance of blessings as you await your new arrival.

Nancy said...

Okay, so you took the lyrics, "Growing in christ and growing His family" serious I take it. We are so happy for you both. There are plenty of Bunco Babes to instruct on the art of changing diapers. I'm sure we have that one "covered", get it! Congratulations

James W said...

Congrats buddy!! We are so happy for you guys. We really miss you guys.

Reflictions of a Sharecroppers Daughter said...

Get that kid a passport!

Abs said...

Since Grams hasn't got her blog set up yet we are just posting together...AHHHHHHH a BABY!!!(that was me, but I know she was thinking it) BABY BABY BABY! How do you put emotions into a simple comment, it's just easier to say we love you.(Me finished by Grams) Grams says she is retired and is on call for diaper changing instructions and I am usually free after 12 on Saturdays. You two are so sneaky, just as you were about to lose our grade, with it's babysitters, God gave you this great idea to throw in something that will always keep us coming back...a baby for the babysitters! Make sense? I know I'm only 18 and have no kids, but as far as I know they are just like puppies...fed, cleaned up after, paid attention to, given rest, cleaned up after, socialized, cleaned up after, fed, kept track of...;-) And I obviously managed it with just 3 people's help, so ya know I think more people will be drawn to the baby than the puppy! Oh and you can take kids wherever you need to go, that's the only difference I can see. Grams agrees...sorta, sometimes she said you will just wanna leave them(babies) home in the kennel, but I turned out ok:-p

Abs said...

So what it was long...there were 2 of us talking!!

Casey said...

Thanks guys! Ya'll are the best! (all of you!) And Abs, I just want you to know that we care about all of your class sooooo much that we're willing to give up the next 18+ years of our lives with this baby in order to keep ya'll around! Now that's ministry! ;-)

herchammer said...

Casey, Pam and I just couldn't be happier for the two of you! Congratulations and know that we will be praying for you and your family. I gotta tell ya', this Dad thing ranks right up there with being a husband and is second only to my relationship with The Father. May our Heavenly Father's blessings continue!

Abs said...

WOW!!! Thanks Casey! You're the best ever, except for this really amazing guy I call Jesus. I'm sure you've heard of him. Well my babysitting career may be postponed for 2 years, but don't let the little one forget who the FAVORITE Auntie Ab is...or I'll start spiking the milk with Starbucks!!! lol joking

James W said...

So you going to blog again after the little one is born?

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, my blog address changed to http://andrewstephns.blogspot.com/ Check it out!